Baked Beef Minestrone
|Lean beef stew meat||2 Pound, well-trimmed|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled & quartered|
|Onion soup||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Cooked shell macaroni||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooled|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a heavy skillet and heat oil in it.
3) Add onion, meat and garlic to it and bake for about 40 minutes or until meat turns brown, stirring frequently.
4) Add water and cover. Reduce heat to 350° F and cook for another 4 hours.
5) Add spices, vegetables and soup. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat becomes tender.
6) Spoon out macaroni into individual bowls and ladle the soup over it. serve immediately.