Baked Beef Minestrone
|Lean beef stew meat||2 Pound, well-trimmed|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled & quartered|
|Onion soup||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Cooked shell macaroni||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooled|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a heavy skillet and heat oil in it.
3) Add onion, meat and garlic to it and bake for about 40 minutes or until meat turns brown, stirring frequently.
4) Add water and cover. Reduce heat to 350° F and cook for another 4 hours.
5) Add spices, vegetables and soup. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat becomes tender.
6) Spoon out macaroni into individual bowls and ladle the soup over it. serve immediately.
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.6 mg36.9%
Sodium 2068.8 mg86.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 65 g129.3%
Vitamin A 124.9% Vitamin C 71%
Calcium 22% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet