Microwave Cooked Italian Vegetable Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced and separate into rings|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or pressed|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned northern beans||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced|
|Quick cooking rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (optional)|
1) Arrange all the ingredients.
2) In 3 to 5-qt casserole place onion, garlic, celery, green pepper and oil, combine well.
3) Cover the casserole.
4) Microwave at High 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring once during cooking.
5) Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
6) Re-cover the dish.
7) Microwave at High 18 to 20 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and rice is cooked, stirring 2 or 3 times.
8) Serve the soup in individual bowls with Parmesan cheese, if desired.