|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and finely grated rind|
|Rum/Sherry /madeira||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Single cream||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1) In a saucepan, place the sugar with 4 tablespoons water.
2) Simmer until the sugar has dissolves.
3) Allow the sugar mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes, until syrupy.
4) In a bowl, place the egg yolks and beat lightly.
5) Gently stream the yolk mixture over the syrup, beating continuously until pale and thick.
6) Beat in the lemon rind, lemon juice and rum, sherry or madeira.
7) Beat for few minutes more, and stir in the cream.
8) Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
9) Serve as desired.