|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced and finely grated rind|
|Rum/Sherry /madeira||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Single cream||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1) In a saucepan, place the sugar with 4 tablespoons water.
2) Simmer until the sugar has dissolves.
3) Allow the sugar mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes, until syrupy.
4) In a bowl, place the egg yolks and beat lightly.
5) Gently stream the yolk mixture over the syrup, beating continuously until pale and thick.
6) Beat in the lemon rind, lemon juice and rum, sherry or madeira.
7) Beat for few minutes more, and stir in the cream.
8) Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
9) Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.9 mg68.3%
Sodium 20.4 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 56.8 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 37.6%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet