|Chopped smoked ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped onions||4 Ounce|
|Coarsely chopped carrot||1 Ounce|
|Coarsely chopped celery||2 Ounce|
|Lean beef||3⁄4 Pound, minced twice|
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound, minced twice|
|Chopped chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Tomato puree||5 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||3⁄8 Pint|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Onto a cutting board, put chopped ham, onions, carrots and celery, and chop them together into very small pieces.
2. In a frying pan, melt the butter over a moderate, when the foam subsides, add the ham mixture and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, until it is lightly browned.
3. Add beef, pork and chicken livers and lightly brown over a moderate heat, stirring constantly to break up any lumps.
4. Add wine, increase the heat, and boil briskly, still stirring constantly, until almost all liquid has cooked away. Add in the stock and tomato puree, bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add cream just before serving and let it heat through. Season well.
6. Serve on pasta.
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293.6 mg97.9%
Sodium 626.4 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 42 g83.2%
Vitamin A 158.4% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet