Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
|Frozen chopped spinach||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Follow the directions on the package to cook the spinach. Drain thoroughly once cooked.
3) From the mushrooms, remove the steams and set aside.
4) In a skillet, heat the oil and half of the margarine.
5) Add the garlic and onion and cook the ingredients gently for about 5 minutes, till the onion is soft and slightly colored.
6) In a bowl, put the cooked spinach along with the ricotta, Parmesan and bread crumbs.
7) Add the onion and garlic, together with the juices left in the skillet, stir well and season to taste with pepper and salt.
8) In a heatproof dish, put the mushrooms, gills uppermost, and divide the spinach and cheese stuffing between them evenly. Use the remaining margarine to dot the stuffed mushrooms.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
10) Transfer the Italian Stuffed Mushrooms to 4 warmed individual serving plates and use sprigs of parsley to garnish. Serve as an appetizer while still piping hot.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.4 mg19.5%
Sodium 467.8 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet