Sure, there are plenty of great marinara sauces on the market, but why buy a manufactured brand when making one yourself is so easy!
Canned diced tomato
29 Ounce (2 cans)
Canned tomato paste
6 Ounce (1 can)
3 , peeled
15 , torn
Salt and pepper
2 , finely chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Red pepper flakes
1. In a food processor place diced tomato, tomato paste, garlic cloves, basil leaves, salt and pepper, oregano and blend to get a smooth texture.
2. In a shallow skillet, heat some olive oil on medium to high heat and add shallots.
3. Cook until the shallots turn translucent, add the tomato mixture, stir for a minute and pour in the wine. Add pepper flakes, some more salt and pepper and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Grate the parmesan cheese on top of the sauce and stir. Allow to cool.
5. Store in a jar for future use.
5. Serve wit your favorite pasta or meat balls.
Yes, there are plenty of great marinara sauces on the market, but why buy a manufactured brand when making one yourself is so easy! So that is the point of this video from Chefuality. Watch and learn how to make the marinara sauce!