|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|French bread loaf||1 , cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Divided)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Medium, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|French bread loaf||1 (Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes)|
|Yellow pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 (Chopped And Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, sliced 1/2" thick|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, halved and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1 (Chopped)|
|Yellow pepper||1 (Chopped And Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes)|
|Fresh basil||1 Bunch (100 gm), coarsely ground|
|Red onion||1⁄2 (Thinly Sliced)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh basil||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Coarsely Chopped)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon (Minced)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Champagne vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl, whisk together, garlic, mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over low to medium heat.
3. Put in the bread and salt to skillet and saute until deep golden, about 10 minutes, tossing frequently and add remaining oil as needed.
4. Using a slotted spoon, drain the bread on paper towels.
5. In a large salad bowl, put together tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, onion, basil, capers and add bread.
6. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss well to coat and add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
7. Allow the salad to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
8. Serve the salad as desired.
Add vegetables of your choice.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 493.8 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 133.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet