Pumpkin Seed Pesto
|Parsley leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), packed|
|Dried cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin seeds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), roasted on cookie sheet 350 degrees for 5 minutes|
|Grated pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jalapeno pepper||To Taste, seeded|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients except olive oil, salt and pepper and pecorino.
2. Stop the machine once or twice to scrape down the remaining, now gradually add oil when it's in the blending process, do it till it's smooth
3. For seasoning add salt and pepper
4. Also pumpkin seed pesto can prepared much in advance, store it by pressing plastic wrap onto the surface of the pesto and then refrigerate it
5. Bring to room temperature before serving, and serve over beans or rice, can also be served on chicken and fish.