Linguine with Salmon in Tomato Sauce
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic in oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato sauce/Fresh tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salmon fillets||16 Ounce|
|Linguine/Fresh / dried||8 Ounce, cooked|
|French pitted black olives/Italian / greek||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed In Brine Or Oil)|
1) In a covered pot, bring the water to a boil.
2) Stir in fresh angel hair pasta and cook about 1 minute after water returns to boil.
3) Cook dried pasta following the package directions.
4) Pour of the water from pasta and allow to drain completely.
5) Rinse the salmon in cold water and cut in about 1-inch pieces.
6) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute garlic and cilantro for about 30 seconds over low heat.
7) Add in the lemon juice and tomato sauce and cook 3-4 minutes more.
8) Put the salmon in tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes, until fish has lost its
opaqueness but is still moist.
9) When ready to serves stir in the olives.
10) Using tongs fold the linguine into the tomato sauce.
11) Pile the pasta and salmon in a warm serving plate and serve hot.
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.1 mg52.7%
Sodium 1617.5 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 62 g123.7%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet