Pasta with Olive Pesto
|Pasta||1 Pound (450 Gram, Preferably Tagliatelle)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For the pesto|
|Pitted black olives||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Pitted green olives||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Basil||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. Take a food processor or blender and add black olives, green olives, parmesan, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, capers and garlic into it. Blend the mixture into smooth paste.
2. Adjust lemon juice or olive oil to improve the texture and taste of paste.
3. Take a saucepan, boil salted water and cook the pasta for about 8-10 minutes, and test it towards the end of cooking. Pour some oil during the cooking.
4. Drain pasta and toss it into the pesto sauce.
5. Serve the pasta with olive pesto as a main dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2415 Calories from Fat 659
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.1%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg16.6%
Sodium 2011.7 mg83.8%
Total Carbohydrates 342 g113.9%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.5%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 80 g159.7%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 74.3% Iron 53.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet