Tuscan Vegetable Soup
|Cannellini beans/Rose cocoa beans||8 Ounce|
|Red cabbage/White cabbage||1 1⁄4 Pound, shredded|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Leek||1 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||1 , scraped, washed, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Light stock||3 Pint|
1) Let the beans soak in a lot of cold water for 12 hours.
2) Drain the beans into a large saucepan. Add in enough cold water to cover. Let the mixture boil, then simmer for about 1 1/2 hours till it becomes tender. Keep aside.
3) In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, and leek along with garlic, bay leaf, oregano and rosemary sprigs.
4) Saute the vegetables till they brown slightly.
5) Next, add in the cabbage and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6) Saute for 5 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
7) Fish out the herb sprigs from the vegetable mixture.
8) Add in the tomato paste, cooked beans and light stock. Let the mixture boil and then simmer for another 15 minutes.
9) Serve the Tuscan Vegetable Soup in warm soup bowls. Place crusty bread on the side.