Italian Cheese Pie
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Grams)|
|Canned sardines||8 Ounce, drained (2 Cans Of 125 Grams / 4 Ounce Each)|
|Cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Stuffed olives||8 , sliced|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Rounded Tablespoon)|
1) Slice 2 tomatoes into thin slices and the other 2 tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
2) Reserve the thin tomato slices for topping the pie.
3) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4) Roll the pastry, line a 8 inch tart plate, then prick all over the bottom and flute the edges.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
6) Arrange the sardines in the baked pastry shell and sprinkle with a layer of grated cheese.
7) Add the onion, parsely, thick tomato slices, stuffed olives, salt and pepper to taste.
8) Dot with the Worcestershire sauce, then sprinkle with another layer of grated cheese.
9) Dust lightly with the plain flour, then arrange the thin tomato slices in a petal shape on top.
10) Place pie in a slow oven for about 20 minutes until the filling is cooked and thoroughly heated.
11) Slice into wedges and serve the Italian Cheese Pie immediately.