Italian Angel Cake
|Angel food cake||22 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Pound|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted (10X Sugar)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||1 , grated|
|Candied red cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), quartered|
|Toasted almonds||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) On a clean working table, place the cake, smooth side up.
2) Using a sharp knife, cut the cake horizontally into 3 even layers, in sawing motion and set aside.
3) In large mixer bowl, beat cheese on medium speed for 3 minutes, or until smooth, stir in sugar, chocolate, Curacao, and vanilla.
4) Beat for 2 minutes more, and stir in cherries and almonds.
5) Put the bottom layer on a serving plate and spread with half the filling.
6) Place the middle layer and smear with remaining filling.
7) Put the remaining layer on the top.
8) Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until filling is firm.
9) Slice the cake in wedges and serve.