Italian Tomato Sauce With Bacon
|Bacon rashers||4 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||31 Ounce (1 Can / 875 Grams / 11 Pound And 15 Ounce)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Dice the bacon.
2. Take a skillet and add the bacon, saute it until it turns crispy.
3. Drain off the bacon grease reserving 1 tbsp.
4. Stir in crushed garlic, finely chopped onion, basil, tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano and stock.
5. Boil and simmer for half an hour.
6. In a bowl blend together red wine, corn flour, salt, sugar and pepper.
7. Add wine mixture into the tomato mixture and cook by stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
8. Reheat the meatballs and team it with sauce.