Italian Spinach Pie
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Grams)|
|Frozen spinach||1⁄2 Pound (250 Grams)|
|Bacon rashers||2 , chopped small|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (Freshly Ground)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a greased 8 inch flan ring or tart plate.
3) Remove the bacon rind and chop the bacon rashers into small pieces.
4) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp; drain thoroughly and allow to cool.
5) Cook the spinach as per the package directions; drain thoroughly.
6) Combine the spinach with the cream cheese and allow to cool.
7) Stir in the bacon; mix thoroughly.
8) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and combine with the milk, cream, black pepper and nutmeg.
9) Season with a little salt to taste.
10) Spread the cheese and spinach mixture over the pastry.
11) Then spoon over the egg mixture all over the spinach mixture
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
13) Then lower the heat to 350°F and cook for another 30 to 35 minutes, or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
14) Slice into wedges and serve the Italian Spinach Pie immediately.