|Butter||3 Ounce (90 Grams)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||2 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped|
|Steak||4 Ounce, finely minced (125 Grams)|
|Chicken livers||2 Ounce, washed and cleaned (60 Grams)|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Stock/Water and a soup cube||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Spaghetti||12 Ounce (375 Grams)|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated (125 Grams)|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onion in 30 g (1 oz) butter until soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the bacon, carrot and celery, cook and stir until lightly browned.
3) Stir in the minced steak and mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in the chicken livers, stir and cook for few minutes.
5) Then stir in the tomato paste, wine and stock.
6) Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the crushed garlic.
7) Simmer, covered over a low heat for 40 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and the meat is cooked.
8) In a pan, cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until tender, drain thoroughly.
9) Stir in 1/3 meat sauce and the remaining 60 g (2 oz) butter.
10) Spoon the spaghetti mixture in a hot serving dish and spoon over rest of the sauce.
11) Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve the Spaghetti Bolognese immediately.
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.6 mg48.5%
Sodium 543.4 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 100.4% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet