Veal A La Bolognese
|Veal chops/Steaks / cutlets||6|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 2 tablespoons water|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl combine bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the cheese, the salt and the pepper.
2. Dip meat into the egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture.
3. In a pan heat butter and saute the coated meat for 10 minutes.
4. Top the meat with salami or ham and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. In a bowl combine milk and tomato sauce and pour over meat.
6. With cover simmer for 25 minutes.
7. Serve the Bolognese spooning around the cooked sauce on a serving dish.
Calories 1242 Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132%
Saturated Fat 37.5 g187.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 416.7 mg138.9%
Sodium 3253.9 mg135.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 105 g209.1%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet