Spaghetti Bolognese - Original
|Lean minced beef||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (227 Grams)|
|Onions||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Fresh / Dried)|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Fresh / Dried)|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Spaghetti||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
1. In a saucepan, strain juice from canned tomatoes; finely dice drained tomatoes.
2. Finely dice onion.
3. Crush garlic.
4. In a non-stick pan, cook minced meat without any added fat.
5. When meat is browned or cooked, drain off all the rendered fat.
6. Into the saucepan containing tomato juice, add diced canned tomatoes and onions; simmer gently.
7. While the mixture is simmering, add crushed garlic, browned minced beef, herbs and wine; cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Stir in tomato puree.
9. Before serving, in a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook 1 ounce of spaghetti noodles per person or portion; drain well.
10. Let sauce cool down and then divide into 4 equal portions.
11. Store in individual containers and freeze until served.
12. Remove required portion from freezer and defrost.
13. In a small saucepan, heat sauce until it boils.
14. Serve hot Bolognese sauce over a nest of freshly cooked spaghetti.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 139.2 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet