Hot Italian Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
|Baking potatoes||3 , peeled, cut into large bite size chunks and parboiled|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut into strips|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut into strips|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut into strips|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Italian sausages||4 (hot or sweet)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt/Kosher salt||To Taste|
|French roll/Sourdough rolls||8 (soft)|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine potatoes, onions, salt, pepper, garlic salt and peppers. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In a large baking dish, spread vegetables at bottom and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Top with sausages and bake in pre heated oven for 45 minutes.
5. Once baked, remove from oven and add hot dogs. Re bake in pre heated oven for 30 to 45 more minutes, or till the mixture is golden brown in colour.
6. Remove from oven and keep aside.
7. Place equal quantity of hot dog, sausage and vegetables in each roll.
8. Top each roll with mustard and a dash of salt. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3309 Calories from Fat 1882
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.8%
Saturated Fat 66.7 g333.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.1 mg124.7%
Sodium 6060.9 mg252.5%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.1 g104.4%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 115 g229.9%
Vitamin A 121.9% Vitamin C 938%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 82.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet