|Fresh leaf spinach||2 Pound, thoroughly washed and shredded (1 kilogram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 grams/ 6 tablespoons)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), roughly chopped|
|Back bacon||4 Ounce, cut into thin strips (100 gram/1/4 pound)|
|Italian salami||4 Ounce, cut into thin strips (100 gram/1/4 pound)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1. In a pot with salted water blanch the spinach for 3-5 minutes until tender but not too soft. 2. Drain thoroughly and keep it in a strainer.
3. In a pan heat oil; add half of the butter, sautÃ© garlic in it until brown and discard it.
4. In the same pan add the bacon and salami and cook until crisp and add the spinach and remaining butter.
5. Season to taste
6. Add a little lemon juice and remove.
7. Serve it hot with a bread or as it is.
Adding the nutmeg brings out the flavour of the spinach.