Shrimp Scampi Risotto with Asparagus
|Shrimp scampi||2 Pound|
|Arborio rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fish stock/Warm water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Asparagus||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. In a large sized skillet, place shrimps and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 3 minutes each, on both sides. Remove shrimp on to another bowl and place skillet back on flame.
2. Add rice and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 2 minutes till rice turns opaque.
3. Add 1 cup warm water and mix well. Cook on a medium flame till all moisture is absorbed. Once absorbed, add next 1 cup water.
4. Continue same procedure till all the water has been used up or up to 25 minutes and rice has absorbed the same.
5. Add remaining ingredients gradually (apart from shrimps) and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 3 more minutes or till vegetables are tender.
6. Remove off flame, add shrimps and transfer on to a deep serving dish.
7. Serve hot, garnished with basil and lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3446 Calories from Fat 572
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 27.4 g137%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.9 mg87.3%
Sodium 7653.6 mg318.9%
Total Carbohydrates 582 g194.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.5%
Sugars 57.8 g
Protein 131 g261.3%
Vitamin A 95.2% Vitamin C 130.4%
Calcium 74.1% Iron 61.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet