Italian Chicken With Tomato Crusted Potatoes
|Boneless chicken breasts||8 Ounce, skinned (2 nos, 4 ounces each)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato||3 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|New potatoes||8 Ounce, cooked|
|White wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Creme fraiche||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Spinach leaves||4 Ounce|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (a knob)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Slash the chicken breasts and set aside. Chop the garlic. In a shallow dish, mix together half the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the sun-dried tomato puree, the mustard, half the garlic, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, stir, and set aside to marinate.
2. In a frying pan, heat the remaining oil and add half the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned.
3. Quarter the potatoes, add to the pan and cook until golden, turning occasionally. Stir in the remaining sun-dried tomato puree and just heat through. Keep warm.
3. Heat another frying pan, add the chicken breasts and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the remaining onion and garlic to the pan and cook gently for 3-5 minutes until the onion has softened. Pour in the wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the crÃ¨me fraiche, add the lemon juice and simmer for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the chives.
5. Wash the spinach and remove the stalks. Put in a pan with just the water that clings to the leaves after washing. Add the butter and cook until wilted. Season to taste, add the nutmeg and drain off any excess liquid.
6. On warmed serving plates, arrange the chicken, add potatoes and the spinach and drizzle around some of the sauce.
7. Serve at once.