|Bread slice||4 (slightly dry)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Pound, washed, trimmed and finely chopped (1 bunch)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In shallow pan place bread, pour milk over; let soak, then pull apart into coarse crumbs.
3. In 10-inch frying pan in olive oil or vegetable oil saute onions with ovenproof or removable handle 5 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Separate eggs, putting whites into large bowl and yolks into medium-size bowl.
5. Beat egg whites with salt and pepper until they stand in firm peaks.
6. Beat egg yolks until light and stir in sauteed onions, bread-crumb mixture, cheese and parsley.
7. Fold mixture into egg whites until no streaks of white or yellow remain.
8. Into same frying pan pour the white mixture and cook over low heat 10 minutes until mixture is set on the bottom.
9. Bake omelet in the moderately preheated oven for 10 minutes until puffy and golden on top.
10. With sharp-blade knife cut into wedges and serve immediately.