Italian Filo Vegetable Tarts
|Filo pastry||6 (5 Inch Squares)|
|Small red onion||1|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chestnut mushrooms||2 Large|
|Fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Small Handful)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||3 , preserved in oil|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce|
|Pitted black olives||2|
|Fresh basil leaves||4|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (A Few, Ideally Rocket)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a pan, melt butter. Brush 2 individual 3 ½-inch tartlet tins with butter then brush the sheets of filo with butter. Layer 3 sheets into each of the tins, overlapping the pastry to form a star shape, with corners of filo pastry sticking out from the tins like petals. Place on a baking tray and bake for 6-7 minutes until golden.
3. Very thinly slice the onion. Heat a frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion to the pan and fry.
4. Finely chop the mushrooms then add to the onion. Chop the parsley and crush the garlic. Add to the pan with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes, add to the pan, then check the seasoning.
5. Remove the tarts from the oven and fill each tart with half the vegetable mixture.
6. Cut half of the mozzarella cheese into cubes and scatter on top of the tarts. Cut 2 slices from a tomato and add one to each tart. Cut the olives in half and arrange the halves on the tomato slices with a basil leaf.
7. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to warm the mozzarella cheese.
8. Arrange around the edge of serving plates, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, place a few salad and basil leaves on top.
9. Drizzle over the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
10. Remove the tarts from the oven, carefully lift them out of the tins and place in the centre of the salads to serve.