|Beef shanks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, diced|
|Carrots||5 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||3 , sliced|
|Cubed pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If Available)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Scallions||2 , sliced|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen green beans||10 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Package)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef.
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil, stirring continuously to scrape the browned bits.
5) Pour the bits over the meat along with the remaining water, potatoes, carrots, celery, pumpkin, onion, scallions, cabbage, tomato sauce, and salt.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
7) Take the meat out of the soup and cut the meat into cubes.
8) Return the meat to the soup along with rice, beans, rosemary and sage.
9) Raise the heat, put the lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
10) Serve hot in a soup bowl sprinkled with parsley.