Veal Scaloppine Al Marsala
|Veal scallops||4 (Cut From 1 Pound Leg)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Marsala cooking wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Holland House)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper place veal scallop and pound lightly with a meat hammer, flat pan or a rolling pin to flatten it to 1/2-inch thickness.
2. Season with salt and pepper and dredge veal cutlets in flour, shaking off excess.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter.
4. Brown the garlic for 2 minutes then arrange the veal scaloppine in the butter and fry, about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet with meat and as soon as it melts add Marsala wine and sautÃ© over a high flame until the liquid is slightly reduced.
6. Arrange the scaloppini on a serving dish.
7. To the sauce add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft.
8. Top the Veal Scaloppine with the Marsala mushroom sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
9. Serve accompanied by a nice green leafy vegetable or a salad dressed with lemon and oil vinaigrette or a pasta with a cheesy or tomato based sauce.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.5 mg47.2%
Sodium 190.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet