Risotto with Pistachio Pesto
|Shelled pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Asiago cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onions||2 , quartered|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Thyme sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Rosemary sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Basil sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely grated|
1) Pesto : Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Spread the pistachios on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Cool and coarsely chop theroasted nuts, set aside few pistachios for garnish.
4) In a food processor, process the remaining pistachios, basil leaves and garlic cloves into a fine mixture.
5) Gradually pour in olive oil, while the processor is running, until all the oil is incorporated to form a smooth and thick paste.
6) Then add the cheese and seasoning and process until thoroughly blended.
7) Risotto : In a large saucepan, saute the onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary and basil over a medium-high heat, until the onions are lightly brown.
8) Stir in the rice and saute for another 1 or 2 minutes.
9) In another saucepan, bring the chicken stock and water to a boil.
10) Gradually, pour 1 cup of the hot liquid to the rice, stirring constantly.
11) When the liquid has been absorbed, pour another 1/2 cup and allow it to simmer, stirring thoroughly until it has been absorbed.
12) Continue to cook, adding 1/2 cup liquid at a time and stirring constantly until the rice is slightly creamy and just tender.
13) Stir in the pesto, then 2/3 of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
14) Spoon the risotto in plates, garnish with the remaining cheese and the reserve pistachio nuts and serve hot.