Risotto with Pistachio Pesto
|Shelled pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||3 Bunch (300 gm)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Asiago cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onions||2 , quartered|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Thyme sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Rosemary sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Basil sprig||2 , leaves chopped|
|Arborio rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely grated|
1) Pesto : Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Spread the pistachios on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Cool and coarsely chop theroasted nuts, set aside few pistachios for garnish.
4) In a food processor, process the remaining pistachios, basil leaves and garlic cloves into a fine mixture.
5) Gradually pour in olive oil, while the processor is running, until all the oil is incorporated to form a smooth and thick paste.
6) Then add the cheese and seasoning and process until thoroughly blended.
7) Risotto : In a large saucepan, saute the onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary and basil over a medium-high heat, until the onions are lightly brown.
8) Stir in the rice and saute for another 1 or 2 minutes.
9) In another saucepan, bring the chicken stock and water to a boil.
10) Gradually, pour 1 cup of the hot liquid to the rice, stirring constantly.
11) When the liquid has been absorbed, pour another 1/2 cup and allow it to simmer, stirring thoroughly until it has been absorbed.
12) Continue to cook, adding 1/2 cup liquid at a time and stirring constantly until the rice is slightly creamy and just tender.
13) Stir in the pesto, then 2/3 of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
14) Spoon the risotto in plates, garnish with the remaining cheese and the reserve pistachio nuts and serve hot.
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg4.5%
Sodium 394.1 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet