Italian Meat Ball Dinner
|Ground beef/Ground chuck / round||1 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated in a blender|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thin onion slice||1|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced, quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Spaghetti||15 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Packet)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add in the ground meat, breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup cheese.
2) Into the blender, add in the milk, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Blend for 4 seconds.
3) Add the sauce to the meat mixture. Mix well.
4) Take 1 tablespoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls.
5) Into the blender, add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, celery, onion, garlic, flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Blend till the onions and celery are finely chopped, for about 10 seconds.
6) In a large skillet, heat the shortening. Add in the meatballs and brown them evenly on all sides over medium flame.
7) Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs. Cook over low flame till the sauce thickens slightly.
8) Serve the Italian Meatball over hot, seasoned spaghetti. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
Calories 1103 Calories from Fat 447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.1%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg36.8%
Sodium 1757.2 mg73.2%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 54 g108.3%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 51.8% Iron 50.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet