|Lean beef||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||4 , cut into small bite-size sticks|
|Turnip||2 , cubed|
|Potato||1 Medium, cubed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, finely shredded|
|Macaroni||2 Ounce, cooked according to package directions and drained|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled, cut into small wedges|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
1) In a slow cooker, place together, beef, water, onions, celery, carrots, turnips, potato, garlic, and salt.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
3) Raise the heat to high and add cabbage before last 20 minutes of cooking.
4) Stir in macaroni, rice and tomatoes before last 10 minutes and continue cooking on high heat.
5) Serve hot in soup bowls, garnished with cheese and parsley or with pesto sauce if desired.