This is a nice little twist on a lasagne dish – using pesto & spinach. Mix spinach with cream in a bowl and a jar of pesto. Then add cooked beef and layer in a lasagne dish with sheets…bake for twenty minutes and that’s it done. Don’t believe me? Check out the video, it’s got a unique taste and is super quick.
Chopped frozen spinach
500 Gram (1 jar)
Salt and pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
1⁄2 Pound (as needed)
1. In a pan, defrost frozen spinach in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and drain and in colander.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine spinach with pesto and cream. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, place meat and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place a pan on flame and cook meat until nice, brown, and cooked through. Drain off the grease.
6. Transfer the meat into the bowl with spinach and cream mixture. Stir well.
7. Take a baking dish and lay lasagna sheets to cover the bottom.
8. Spread some meat mixture on top and then lay another layer of lasagna sheet. Repeat the layers if desired.
9. Finally lay another layer of sheet and sprinkle cheese on top.
10. Pop in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until nice and brown on top, turning once half way through.