Barry makes an amazing tasting chicken pasta dish with very little ingredients.
For tomato sauce
1 Clove (5 gm), chopped
Canned cherry tomatoes
1 Can (10 oz)
Salt and pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), torn
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
2. For Chicken – in a saucepan, heat the oil and place the chicken breast. Cook until brown from both sides.
3. For Sauce – in a deep pan, heat oil and add in the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add in the cherry tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and crush the tomatoes with wooden spoon. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Take off the pan from the stove and add in the half of basil and mascarpone cheese. Mix well.
7. Place the chicken breast into a casserole dish and pour in the sauce.
8. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
9. Cook pasta in boiling water according to the package direction.
10. Garnish Chicken Cacciatore with basil leaves and serve with pasta.