Quick Cutlets Italiano
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Luncheon meat||1 Can (10 oz), cut meat into 8 slices|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese slice||3 Ounce (2 Slices)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. Dip the luncheon meat slices in eggs and then coat them well with bread crumbs. Keep aside.
2. In a saucepan add butter and cook oregano, thyme and garlic till they are tender.
3. Add water and soup in this mixture and cook it for 15 minutes over low flame.
4. Keep stirring to mix and not let the ingredients burn.
5. In a skillet brown the meat slices on their side in shortening.
6. Turn the pieces over and pour sauces on each slice.
7. Top the meat slices with mozzarella cheese. Shred parmesan cheese.
8. Cover and heat the cheese till it meats.
9. Serve quick cutlets Italiano with a pasta salad on the side.
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 98.9 mg33%
Sodium 595.2 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet