Italian Meat Loaf
Extra-Lean Ground Beef- 1 pound
Rye Bread- 2 slices, torn into soft crumbs
Onion- 1 medium, chopped
Fresh Parsley Leaves- 2 tablespoons, chopped
Parmesan Cheese- 1/4 cup, grated
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper- 1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground
Tomato Sauce- 1 8-ounce can
Oregano- 1 teaspoon
Garlic Salt- to taste
1) In a bowl, place together beef, rye bread, onion, parsley, cheese, egg and seasoning.
2) Knead lightly to form into a round loaf.
3) Put the loaf in the slow cooker on a trivet or small rack.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
5) In a saucepan, heat together tomato sauce, oregano and garlic salt.
6) Slice the meat loaf and serve on a serving plate.
7) Spoon the sauce over the meat loaf slice, serve hot.