Italian Bread Sticks
Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Crisco - 1/3 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Egg white - 1, slightly beaten
Sesame seed - as needed
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a baking sheet with butter.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; keep aside.
4. Add Crisco and using a pastry cutter, cut until the mixture is crumbly.
5. Gradually add mix and mix until the dough just holds together.
6. Lightly flour a clean surface and knead the dough 15-20 times.
7. Roll the dough into a 12x6 inch rectangle and ½ inch thickness.
8. Using a knife, cut ½ inch width strips; should be 24 strips.
9. Roll each strip to form a cylindrical stick.
10. Onto the greased baking sheet, place the sticks with 1 inch gap.
11. Brush sticks with egg white and sprinkle sesame seed.
12. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
13. Serve immediately or reheat before serving.