Italian Meatball Hoagie Braids
Frozen cooked Italian meatballs - 16 (1 1/2-inch) (about 1 pound), thawed, halved
Tomato-basil spaghetti sauce - 1 cup
Mozzarella cheese - 4 ounces (1 cup), shredded
Egg -1, slightly beaten
Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup, grated
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Using a nonstick cooking spray, coat 2 cookie sheets.
3. Using your hands, split the dough into 8 rectangles; keep on sprayed cookie sheets. Tightly press to seal.
4. Down center of each rectangle, keep 4 meatball halves lengthwise. Top each rectangle with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
5. Using scissors or a sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling.
6. Apply beaten egg over brush dough. Scatter with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve hot.