1. Slice the onions and mushrooms; keep in aside in separate bowl.
2. Chop the pancetta and keep aside.
3. In an electric skillet sauté the pancetta at 350 degree for 2 minutes.
4. Add the onion, mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes, add the heavy whipping cream and stir well.
5. Reduce the heat to 300 degree and add the sea salt and black pepper followed by pecorino romano cheese.
6. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
7. In the meantime boil the vermicelli pasta in salted water for 6- 8 minutes.
8. Towards the last 2 minutes add the frozen peas.
9. After 8 minutes remove the pasta and drain the water.
10. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir, combine the sauce with the vermicelli pasta, and sprinkle red pepper flakes on top.
11. Serve the vermicelli with peas and pancetta hot.