|Spinach/Spinach - 1 number, 10-ounce box, thawed and pressed dry||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped|
|Eggs||2 , 1 separated|
|Grated asiago cheese||5 Ounce|
|Whole wheat pastry flour/Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|9 inch pie crust||1|
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. If using fresh spinach then steam it and press dry.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash ricotta cheese with 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk, reserving the egg white or later use.
4. Add 1/2 cup Asiago, flour, spinach, and nutmeg; mix well.
5. Brush bottom and edges of piecrust with reserved egg white.
6. Pour the filling, mounded in center and smoothed out to edge of pan.
7. Dot with butter, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake at 350 °F for about 40 minutes.
8. Serve the Torta Verde hot and crispy.
Use a fork to prick the bottom of the piecrust to ensure air passes during cooking. This will make the filling firm and give a better taste to the dish.