Marinated Fresh Mozzarella
|Fresh basil/Dried basil - 1/2 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||6 , snipped into strips|
|Pecorino cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|Pine nuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes (2 Balls)|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1 , chopped into 1/2-inch squares|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a blender container, combine together the vinaigrette with basil, 4 tomatoes, 1-tablespoon pecorino, 1 tablespoon each pine nuts and walnuts; blend to a smooth mixture.
3. If mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water and blend thoroughly.
4. Add mozzarella and pepper in the dressing with remaining the dried tomatoes; set aside and marinate.
5. Spread the remaining walnuts evenly on baking sheet and toast at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
6. If remaining pine nuts are not crisp, toast them for another 5 minutes as well.
7. To serve: Arrange the salad on a large serving platter and add toasted nuts.
8. Top the salad with the remaining pecorino.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.3 mg15.8%
Sodium 566.7 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 34.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet