|Chocolate ice cream||1 Pint, slightly softened|
|Strawberry ice cream/Sorbet||3⁄4 Pint, slightly softened|
|Fresh double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sultanas||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Candied angelica||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Slivered blanched almonds||1⁄2 Ounce|
1) Take a chilled 5-cup metal bowl or pudding basin. Line it with the chocolate ice cream.
2) Place the bowl or basin in the freezer till it becomes hard.
3) Smooth in the next layer of Strawberry ice cream or sorbet of about 1/2-inch thickness. Leave a cavity in the centre.
4) Place the container in the refrigerator to freeze once more till hard.
5) In a bowl, slightly beat the cream with the sugar. Fold in the sultanas, candied Angelica, glace cherries and almonds.
6) Fill the nuts mixture into the centre cavity.
7) Cover the mould with a foil. Place in a freezer bag.
8) Seal, label and freeze the ice cream.
9) To thaw the Cassata, wrap the mould in a hot towel.
10) Unmould the Cassata onto a chilled plate.
11) Slice into individual plates.
12) Garnish the ice cream with more chopped nuts or fruits, if desired.