|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted|
|Raspberry jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease two 7-inch layer cake pans. Line them with greased non-stick parchment paper and sprinkle flour over it.
3) In a heatproof bowl, add in the eggs. Beat the eggs over a pan of simmering water.
4) Add in sugar and beat for 15 minutes to get a thick and creamy mixture.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Beat for about 5 more minutes.
6) Add in melted butter along with sifted flour and baking powder. Add in the flour, little by little.
7) Pour the batter evenly into the two pans.
8) Bake for about 25 minutes till the cake becomes golden brown.
9) Let cool on a wire rack.
10) Spread jam and whipped cream over one cake and top it with the other like a sandwich.
11) Freeze the cake till it becomes firm. Wrap in a cling film and transfer into a freezer bag. Freeze.
12) Thaw the cake by placing in room temperature for about 4 hours.
13) Serve the Genoese Cake, sprinkled with powdered sugar.