|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Bacon rashers||1 , rinds removed and diced|
|Onions||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Carrots||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Potato||1 Small, peeled and diced|
|Celery stalks||3 , sliced|
|Cabbage heart||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled and chopped|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce, thawed|
|Dried haricot beans||4 Ounce, soaked overnight in cold water|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint|
|Dried mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Spaghetti||1 Ounce, broken into pieces (raw)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (for serving)|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute bacon until well coloured.
2) Stir in the onions, carrots, potatoes, celery, cabbage, leeks, tomatoes and peas.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Pour of the water from beans and refresh under cold running water.
5) Stir in the beans with the tomato puree, mixed herbs and seasoning.
6) Pour the in stock and bring to the boil.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour.
8) Add the spaghetti 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
9) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
10) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
11) Serve hot with Parmesan cheese on side.
12) If using frozen soup, in a saucepan, place the frozen soup and reheat gently on top of stove, stirring occasionally.
13) Serve as mentioned in step 9.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.9 mg4.3%
Sodium 654.4 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.5%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 111.4%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet