Italian Sausage And Pork Casserole
|Lean pork||2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Italian sausages||4 , quartered|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cubed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (optional)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , minced|
|Red wine/White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
2. Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
3. Brown the pork and sausages well then remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside
4. Add the onion and celery to drippings in the pan and sautÃ© until soft.
5. Add the carrots, garlic and parsley and sautÃ© another 5 minutes until tender.
6. Drain the fat.
7. Combine the pork and sausages with the vegetables in a casserole and pour in the wine.
8. Stir in the oregano.
9. Stir well to blend flavors.
10. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 45 minute or until the meat is tender.
11. Serve the Italian Sausage and Pork with crusty bread or over rice if you like.