Classic Bolognese Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|White wine||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless chuck||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Parmigiano-reggiano||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large stock pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the canned crushed tomatoes, Italian parsley, white wine, marjoram, and rosemary.
4. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cooked uncovered for 3 hours. Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a second stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meat and brown each side.
6. Add the water, red wine, and garlic. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
7. Allow the meat to cool until it can be handled and then shred. Stir in the sauce.
8. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 20 minutes covered on low heat and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com