Baked Salmon with Pesto
|Salmon steaks/Salmon - 16-ounce fillet||4|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Pesto||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more according to taste)|
|Lemon wedges||3 (for garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Brush the salmon liberally with butter and mustard.
3. In a shallow baking dish, spray nonstick cooking spray and place the fish.
4. Bake at 450° F for about 10 minutes; to check the doneness of the fish, insert a wooden toothpick and ensure it comes out clean.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
6. Toss pasta with the pesto sauce.
7. On a large serving platter, place the pasta and arrange salmon on top.
8. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve hot.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the pasta to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.