Italian Rice And Peas
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shelled peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon/Beef bouillon||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven at (350°F.).
2) In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and add onion and cook till golden.
3) Mix in the peas (if adding frozen peas, then add at alter stage), and allow to cook for 1 minute.
4) Add in the rice and ham, if using.
5) Over gentle heat, allow the ingredients to cook. Keep stirring till the rice turns golden.
6) Pour in 3 cups bouillon.
7) Place a lid over the dish and turn down the heat.
8) Place in oven and till rice is thoroughly cooked adding more bouillon if required. (Half way through the cooking process, add in the frozen peas). Use a fork and lightly stir to avoid the mix from sticking.
9) After 18 to 30 minutes, the liquid will all be soaked without the rice turning mushy.
10) Add 1 tablespoon of butter, mix in the cheese.
11) Garnish with pimiento and serve immediately.