A Taste Of Tuscany
|Green beans||1 Pound, stringed and washed|
|Tarragon wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, washed and sliced thinly (Of Medium Size)|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , sliced into 4 thin slices and quartered|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , washed and crisped|
|Radicchio head||1 (If Unavailable, Use More Lettuce)|
|For strawberry short cakes|
|Packaged biscuit mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint, washed, 4 whole unhulled and reserved and remaining hulled and sliced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|For bread rolls|
|Bread rolls||12 Ounce (Italian Style, Pre Baked)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 Stick, For Serving)|
|Espresso coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Instant Or Brewed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease 4 large muffin cups and dust with flour.
3. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and milk and stir quickly just until moistened.
4. Divide equally among the muffin cups.
5. Place in hot oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until springy to touch.
6. In the meantime, boil 1 cup water in a medium saucepan.
7. Add beans, cover pan and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. To make the dressing, in a large bowl, combine tarragon wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon and seasonings. Whisk with a fork until amalgamated.
9. Add mushroom slices, black olives, lemon slice quarters to the dressing and toss.
10. When beans are cooked drain thoroughly in a colander.
11. Add beans and cheese cubes to dressing and toss well. Keep warm.
12. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to sliced strawberries and toss well. Let stand.
13. Remove cakes when done and turn off oven heat. Place rolls ob baking sheet in oven to warm.
14. Remove shortcakes from muffin cups and slit 3/4 way through centers. Place on dessert plates.
15. Line sides of a large salad bowl with large Boston lettuce and radicchio leaves.
16. Tear remaining and add to bottom of bowl.
17. Toss salad again and heap over salad greens.
18. Accompany with warm rolls and butter.
19. Fill centers of slit muffin cakes with strawberries. Serve with whipped cream on the top or side.
20. End meal with wine or coffee.