Roman Pot Veal
|Veal||3 Pound (Off Bone)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||6 , chopped (A Few In Number)|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) Then, beat and wash the meat well.
4) With salt and pepper, rub the meat.
5) Into the soaked Romertopf, put a few small pieces of butter.
6) Then, add the meat.
7) Over this, pour the stock.
8) On top, add the chopped vegetables to cover.
9) In the oven, cook covered for about 2 1/2 hours. Remove the cover during the final 10 minutes so that the meat turns brown.
10) Then, drain off the liquid and keep the meat warm.
11) In a saucepan, combine the liquid and the sour cream. Heat for a while.
12) Then, adjust the seasonings to taste. You can add a little flour to make the gravy thick, if desired.
13) Serve the Roman Pot Veal with boiled potatoes and green vegetables.