Toby Anstis' Spaghetti Bolognese
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced beef||450 Gram (Best Quality)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Cloves||2 , crushed|
|Mushrooms||8 , chopped|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chopped tomatoes with herbs||400 Gram (Garlic Or Basil, 1 Tin)|
|Red wine||4 Ounce (1/2 Glass)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a large frying pan, put the oil and add the beef in small batches.
2) Stir well and cook till the meat is completely browned.
3) Add the pepper, onion and garlic.
4) Cook and stir for another 5 minutes over very low heat.
5) Add the tomato puree, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes and the red wine.
6) Season the mixture well.
7) Gently simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
8) In the meantime, cook the pasta as per the instructions on the package. Drain.
9) To the hot beef mixture, add the cooked pasta. Transfer the preparation to a decorative serving platter and serve piping hot. Toasted bread can be served on the side, if preferred.