Pork Chops Italian
|Pork chops||6 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Italian salad dressing mix||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Trim excess fat off the pork chops.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil, add trimmed fat and sear pork chops on both sides without cooking.
3. In a 13X9 -€“ inch baking dish, add uncooked rice and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 7 minutes till rice are golden in colour.
4. Blend together the Italian dressing, water and chicken soup and add to the golden baked rice.
5. Arrange the seared pork chops on top and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover the casserole and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 60 minutes.
7. Remove cover and bake for another 30 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice tender.
8. Serve hot
Calories 1539 Calories from Fat 805
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.6%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 295.9 mg98.6%
Sodium 2579.7 mg107.5%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.06%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 80 g159.8%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet