Italian Beef And Cheese Roll
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Italian style bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Spiced cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (Sargento Brand, For Pizza)|
1. Heat an oven to 350 F or 175 C.
2. Cut 2 pieces of waxed paper, approximately 12-inches by 17-inches.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion and 1/3 cup tomato sauce.
4. Mix well, using your hands.
5. Turn the mixture onto a waxed paper sheet and cover with the other sheet.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the meatloaf mixture to 9-inches X 15-inches
7. Remove the top sheet of paper and sprinkle the cheese over the sheet of meat.
8. Starting from the shorter side, roll the meat mixture sheet into a log, like a jellyroll. Use the waxed paper to help you roll without tearing the meat sheet.
9. Remove the wax paper and place the meat roll in a loaf pan large enough to accommodate it.
10. Bake in the heated oven for 1 hour.
11. Pour reserved ketchup over loaf.
12. Bake 10 minutes more.
13. Slice and serve with mashed potatoes on the side.